February 8, 2012

Foodie Fix

Typically, the Food Network serves as background noise while I clean or catch up on my blog reading, but this past weekend, one simple recipe caught my eye.

Avocado Toast is extremely simple to make, and it's a delicious, inexpensive and relatively healthy appetizer or snack. I've made it twice since Sunday and I'm hooked! All you need for a single serving is a ripe avocado, 2 slices of wheat bread, olive oil, salt and pepper.

To make, halve a ripe avocado and pull the seed out. In the meantime, toast 2 slices of wheat bread.

Make several lengthwise slices on each half

Lay the avocado slices on the toast and distribute olive oil evenly over the two slices. Add salt and pepper to taste (I like a lot!)

Bon appetit!

1 comment:

  1. I love having this for breakfast but then I might be obsessed with avocados.

    ReplyDelete