December 6, 2011

Thoughts On: Palmer's Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Protein Pack


Heat styling and dry, winter air can wreak havoc on hair, mine included. My extremely thick, long, naturally wavy hair is constantly thirsty, meaning it's forever in the back of my mind to remember that regular deep conditioning is in order.

I'm not one to spend a lot when it comes to beauty products, in fact, I often hold off on buying necessities until I can make it to a suburban Target or Walmart to find nail polish, makeup, shampoo, etc. at a reasonable price. Purely out of convenience, when I recently realized my hair was begging for some nourishment, I browsed the hair care shelves at CVS for an affordable deep conditioning treatment that I could use multiple times. To my horror, tiny bottles of big name conditioners were selling for $15+. Cue a well-timed trip to Target where I found Palmer's Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Packs .

From Palmer's: Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack is a once a week intensive conditioning treatment formulated with Pure Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil and Vitamin E to restore and replenish hair that is in need of more than just your daily conditioner.

My thoughts: This little pack of conditioner sure packs a punch. Because my mane is so thick, I elected to use the entire pouch. Per the package's recommendation, I left the coconut formula on for 20 minutes after a regular shampoo. Less than 24 hours later, I'm impressed with the results. Post-shower, my typically tangled, unruly hair was easy to comb, and it smells great - sweet like coconut, but not overwhelmingly so. It's also noticeably shinier. I haven't taken a blow dryer or straightener to it yet, but i'm anxious to see how it fares after being hit with direct heat. Most importantly, the packs were only $2 each! I grabbed 4 in anticipation of at least a month of swoon-worthy, lustrous locks. If your hair is in need of some TLC, you NEED to try Palmer's Protein Pack!

{Image via Palmers}

No comments:

Post a Comment