January 6, 2012

A Taste of Summer

Happy Friday! I'll be somewhat quiet next week as I'll be busy running around Vegas, attending a trade show for work. I'll be sure to share pictures ASAP!

Although it's been a mild winter so far here in New England, summer seems like a distant memory, and the days of sun and fun are many months away.

Caprese is one of my favorite appetizers - it's delicious, easy-to-make, made from fresh ingredients, and when eaten during the colder months, recalls dining al fresco on breezy summer nights, one of my favorite things. It's also extremely inexpensive (so you can splurge on the wine, of course!)

I made this app a while back, and am just now getting around to sharing the pictures. This modified caprese is perfect for serving at parties, or even as a light snack. All you need are bamboo skewers, your choice of grape, plum or cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil (fresh or pre-chopped), olive oil and balsamic.

Do you have any easy, go-to apps you can share?

1 comment:

  1. mhmmm that looks really delicious. I think I try that some day :) thank you for the recipes.

    xoxo, Petra

    hpttp://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete